Modern Day Knight

Hi folks,

As I go through my makes, I'm starting to think that this whole blog is in danger of being only about one pattern.... I swear there is more to my repertoire than this!  But still, I think (hope) it's interesting to see how one simple pattern can look so different depending upon the fabric used.  If nothing else, it's good for my own inventory/diarising, so I hope you'll humour me.

So, without further ado.  I found this material whilst on my lunch hour back in November.  It is some random stuff that is some sort of polyester I'd say - it's kind of stiff but also has a flow to it.  It's woven and largely grey/black in colour, but has a gold fleck through it, kind of like someone took a can of spray-paint to it.  Well, if I were describing a meal choice on a menu I am sure that the chef wouldn't be troubled to make many versions!

So here it is on Maisie.  Doesn't help with that old description really does it?!  The neckline treatment is a mixture of necessity + design.  Necessity - so that I know which is the front and which is the back (there are no bust darts, but the back is slightly higher) and also so that the neck edge is finished nicely.  Design - to give it a bit of pizazz, via a button and some ribbon.  With the addition of a belt - I think it's quite fun.






As a little prize for perseverance; here is my take on what I'm guessing you might be thinking: "no more of these for a while please!" 
Next time, I'll have something completely different to share - either a pair of trousers (yes, you read correctly!) or a jacket.... how exciting!

Rachel :-)

Comments

  1. Rachel, I'm not fed up! Like you say it's fascinating how different fabrics and finishes work in the same pattern!!
    Now the best bit was the 'chain mail' description. I'm reading game of thrones at the moment which is filled with references to armour and chain mail - knights and stuff. And your stag button would be described as the 'sigil' for house of baratheon, so I feel a super nerd for even writing that, but I'm three books in, and completely hooked, so please forgive me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm glad you don't mind. Even better that it's actually interesting - result! ☺ I should take a photo of the chain mail up close - it could definitely be used in some sort of cosplay I reckon. Rachel, House of Baratheon... Had a certain ring to it, non? I have downloaded then to my kindle - must get on to them! Rachel ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you know it does really look like a chain mail dress! SUPER COOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts