EMF half marathon

My race number has arrived! Must be real then huh?! The race is a week on Sunday and I am excited and nervous in pretty equal measure.

I ran my first (and only other) half 9 years ago in a time of 2'32. For the longest time I was embarrassed at how long it took, until Mr. CT suggested I consider how many people complete one full stop. Gosh he is a great person to know. I'm hoping to do this one a bit quicker,  but we'll see.

It has been interesting to see how I have found the training this time compared with last time. I didn't run before the first one. I played hockey, but didn't run per se. I could eat what I liked and get hardly any sleep and it wouldn't affect me much. I started running after my step brother died, to act as a distraction/way of dealing with the myriad of feelings that brought with it. This time, I have a half in the bag, so that anxiety about being actually able to do it isn't there. But, if I miss lunch or stay up half the night or have a couple of drinks the night before the training is hard (er)!!! This time, I joined up so that it would stop me from working late. That worked, sometimes... :-)

Comments

  1. All the best Rachel!! The week before is your rest week, I hope you are taking this seriously...I tried To go to bed early every night even if just to read....
    I always find it amazing to hear of people being able to run a half with no training!! I suppose it's an age thing! Sounds like you've got all the preparation in the bag, and that all important mental confidence : this is not unknown and you know you can do it. I hope you enjoy it too :-)
    I'll be thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your support Winnie! The race is a week on Sunday, so I've a few more training runs this week then a rest week. Yay! Good advice on getting plenty of rest in non-running spheres too - I hadn't thought of that! :-) x

      Delete
  2. Good luck! It takes me 3 hours+ to finish half a marathon, so yeah... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It may take 3 hours + but you finish it. Jeepers, I've come to realise that signing up is even an achievement. :-) how are you and your lovely little one?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts