Inspiration Bowie style

I think this post needs a little insight into my pysche to make sense.
As a teenager, I never had crushes on anyone. Fullstop. Not even pimply boys on the train.  I used to worry about what this meant and so I would pretend to have a crush on obvious folk: Damon Albarn,the bad guy from Beverly Hills 90210 (Luke Perry?), Marky Mark etc just to make sure I was normal. I was worried I was asexual for about 3 years,  ha ha no joke.  Then all of a sudden I didn't care anymore and almost simultaneously I developed a massive crush on David Bowie, that stays with me to this day.  I love how Bowie makes it credible to be ruled by creativity, and he sets such a good example in terms of work ethic.

So, imagine my excitement at the thought of an exhibition on my favourite super person at one of my favorite places in the world. I ordered tickets to coincide with the end of a holiday (that I must also tell you about)... I wasn't sure what to expect going in to the exhibition, as I felt that the last one I saw at the V&A (Hollywood Costume) whilst good, missed numerous opportunities. Not so with this one. My husband and I have a deal for situations where one of us wants to do something that isn't high on the priorities of the other. The proposer pays and the attendee only reimburses of it was enjoyable. Bit of a gamble, but it works. I was reimbursed.

Photography and sketching were not allowed, so here is a photo of my spoils.

Long live creation! And crushes! By the way, I have a few more these days: Mr. CT (obvs.), Jarvis Cocker, Chris Shiflett, Michael Fassbender...

Comments

Popular Posts